Monday 28 January 2013

Title sequence idea's audience feedback response

Gender
From these results we have found that the male audience is still the audience which we are targeting the most, from the age 17-25.
Male880%
Female2
20%                                                                                                                                         
Film Ideas

This is my first idea for a possible title sequence.
At the start of the title sequence we will have a close up of someone spinning a poker chip on a table. To add effect to this we will slow down the motion of the poker chip as it is spinning as the hands come away from the shot. we will see a high angle shot of the poker chip comes to a stop, Here the camera will zoom into the poker chip and come out from the eye of Brian where we will use video effects to bring out the other symbols in our film using screen overlays, of black, white and red to symbolise blood and the gift vision which Brian gains in the film from hitting his head on the wall. From this shoot we will cut back to the table where we will speed up the film so that when we add poker chips to the pile it will link to the gamble aspect of our film Several shots of cards as they fall down onto the table. To conclude this title sequence we will cut back to Brian face using the black, white and red filters to symbolise the blood and gift which are all symbols of the film.

  My second idea is based in a studio where we have a black screen and a tracking device for the camera to move on.
The sequence will start with objects falling into the shot this will include poker chips, playing cards, chess characters, money and blood These objects will fall into place as the camera dolly across For the final shot of the blood the camera will follow the blood as it streams away.

  From the idea which you like best would you make any changes?

I really like this idea and think it fits well with your genre of film being supernatural thriller.

 I think you could use other effects for the titles on the film, such as creepy fonts which flicker. I do like this idea.

I think the idea is solid and its just what i would expect to see from a film in this genre.

 I like this idea, using these symbols in the title sequence would work well I think this idea is the best, the idea 2 would be good but as its being made for a college project do you have the availability of such facilities as it may be difficult otherwise. so I say idea 1 its a solid idea throughout.

Idea 1 is really good, only thing i would add is other effects such as blur and duplication for example on the shot of the playing cards you could have it so the card duplicates into several across the screen this would add effect upon Brian's blurred vision. Take this from your second idea this is the aspect of it I like the most.

Idea 1 is good but I would take some of the symbols from the idea 2 for example the playing cards and bring them into the title sequence as it gives the audience a feel of more symbols from the film.


Here above is a selection of replies which I have gathered from my audience research. From my analysis based on these results I can see that my idea one is the most popular idea as it won the vote by 8 votes to 2. After reviewing the audiences feedback I have had some good ideas to what I may do to make the title sequence idea 1 better. The things which I am taking from my audience feedback is the use of video effects when the playing cards appear having them duplicate and blur would look really good as it would give the feel of abnormal activity which Brian experience in the film when he sees into the near future. I will also add more symbols for this idea the playing cards and the chess characters as these were the aspects of my second idea which the audience liked most. These will be added into my intial idea 1. In summary the audience feedback has been really helpful for me as it has made me see what other ideas the audience want me to bring into our short film title sequence. The final decision is to go ahead with idea 1 for our final title sequence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment