Saturday 13 April 2013

Critical Evaluation question 4- Matthew Gollick


4. How did you use new media technologies in construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


Make your own mind maps with Mindomo.

Please give the mind map above a few seconds to load up before you view it... Thank You


There was a wide range of technologies which I used throughout the whole of this project. I will start by identifying the most obvious ones, being Blogger which I used throughout this project to create and display my work including text, video, images and much more. Blogger helped me produce a wide range of post In terms of multimedia content with the ability to embed via HTML it was really simple to reference content which I found whether it be text, image or video Blogger enabled me to bring the content into my posts to help me reference my work around my findings from the research. Blogger also gave me the ability to change layouts; these gave me the chance to change the themes of which I have chosen and even add images to the layout such as I have with our production logo.  

I also used YouTube which enabled me to upload my videos of the test which I preformed and also for our group to upload our film and radio trailer. YouTube also enabled us to research and find resources for my research this was really useful especially the use of the embed tools which gave me the ability to directly put the video which I have used into my post on blogger software. YouTube also enabled us to communicate with the public and this enables us to put our film out to an audience which then gives us feedback.

Social media, Facebook and twitter enabled us to share our questionnaires with the audience.  This was really useful as by using such technology we had a much wider response from our audience.

I also used Final cut express. I used final cut express to produce the film and radio trailer this software enabled me to cut and edit the video from the footage which I captured previously on the cameras and recording devices. In this software I was able to add filters and text to the video as well as adding sound bridges and visual effects. Whilst using this software at first I had little knowledge and experience however now I feel really confident in the software as I edited the film and radio trailer products myself. I have continued to learn new features and build on my abilities in the software.

I used Photoshop for creating my very own idea for a poster design. I already had the experience of this software as I use it on a regular basis. However I did continue to build upon my skills by sing gradient and mapping tools which enabled me to capture the effect which I wanted from using a mask and a black and white gradient these features were really useful. I also used other tool such as cropping when making my poster design this enabled me to resize and edit the images until the image fitted my needs.

I also used slide share in my evaluation I decided to make a presentation for one of my answers to the question number 2. This software enabled me to upload my PowerPoint to the internet where I could then embed my PowerPoint into a post in blogger software. This was a new piece of technology which I have never used before and I instantly got the hand of using it and now I will be confident in using it in any future work which i produce. 

I finally used resource software domain Moodle which enabled me to collect resources from A2 Media studies. This was really useful as it allowed me to download work sheets such as the risk assessment which I downloaded for this project. Moodle was a great resource which I enjoyed using when I needed a resource supplied by this course. I also used a wide range of hardware equipment such as the SONY HD cameras which enabled me to capture footage in 1080p which helped my film look professional and crisp on the outcomes. I also used voice recording equipment which we used for narrations for over our radio trailer. I also used fire ware cables to transfer my captured footage from my camera to my MAC and PC when creating the productions of the film for this project.  I also used a DSLR camera cannon 1000D to take shots of the locations on which we used in our film production. I also used Mindomo software to create a visual mind map of all the technologies and software which I have used throughout this project highlighting the key features which I used to my advantage. Finally I used a both Google and Bing search engines to browse content when researching during the pre-production stages of this project.

As a final point I would like to say I have enjoyed working on this project and have found it really helpful in building up my own skills on such software as pointed out above. I hope to take these skills and the knowledge which I have learned whilst completing this project into work which I produce in the future.  






No comments:

Post a Comment